Lunchtime supervisors work in primary, secondary and special schools, looking after children during the lunch break.
- Help children cut up their food, if needed
- Encourage good behaviour and table manners
- Supervise children in the playground (or indoors if wet weather)
- Comfort children who are upset
- Deal with minor injuries like cuts, grazes and bruises
- Organise games
School lunchtime supervisors work in schools both primary and secondary as well as special schools. You could also work at play schemes and holiday clubs.
You would be working both inside and outside in the lunch hall, classrooms and playground.
Typical hours are 16 to 18 term time only.
This is variable and normally paid per hours worked.
There are no set qualifications for this role. You can apply directly to vacancies advertised by schools in your local area.
College – you could start with a Care and Childcare Entry Level Certificate or Level 1 Childcare Diploma.